Saturday, July 2, 2011

Thinking about learning.

This YouTube video was found while I was looking at another video of a 3 yr old digital native. The reason I am sharing it with you was due to the impact it made on me. The statistics given in it are shocking, the one about China was particularly interesting. Please watch it and tell me what you think by making a comment?




"This project was created to inspire teachers to use technology in engaging ways to help students develop higher level thinking skills. Equally important, it serves to motivate district level leaders to provide teachers with the tools and training to do so."

Nesbitt, B. (2007), A Vision of K-12 Students Today, viewed on July 2 2011, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A-ZVCjfWf8&feature=related

7 comments:

  1. I love this video Helen. Thank you. I hve sent it to the other teachers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the video. It is original, fun to watch and utilizes interesting information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something ALL teachers should see. Very good. What sticks in my mind is the young girl asking to be taught to think...very sad

    ReplyDelete
  4. the video has a good point, but technology alone won't make them learn and think- you still need a teacher who can engage them- a good teacher is good and a not so good teacher is not so good- regardless of technology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This second video that you have posted is awe inspiring. Here I am plodding along learning bits and pieces and these kids REALLY want to learn. It reminds me when I was at school. I enjoyed learning, I still do to a certain degree but not with the same passion. And as Danielle pointed out - a good teacher can transform a child's or as well an adult's learning but as the video pointed out, in some cases, children are not being given enough access to these technologies in the classroom situation that allows them to be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. Yes Danielle a great teacher can make all of the difference. I think mainly what this video is pointing out is that if you are a good teacher you are looking at a whole rounded picture of learning which does include technology. I think that a lot of people are afraid of using it, but they shouldn't as it has emerged as a form of learning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that it was a very good video. It makes me wonder if it was the kids in the video who made it? It definetly makes you think.

    ReplyDelete