Friday, July 29, 2011

Bookmarks

Bookmarks by fashion fucsia
Bookmarks, a photo by fashion fucsia on Flickr.

I like to collect bookmarks. Admitedly I haven't got many as I just haven't had the money to spend on these little extras, but I do have a few. I have a really old antique one, some magnet ones, animals, holographic, business, seed, and the precious ones made for me by my children.

This is a pic I found on Flickr of some bookmarks. I love the colour and the simplicity, but especially the different colour ribbons.

Bookmarks are beautiful, cute or bizarre but the one thing they have in common is that they all serve a purpose, to keep the page we are up to. Well that is unless you have a child who happily runs to get your book for you and lets it fall out on the way, hence the magnet bookmarks are functionally my favourite.

2 comments:

  1. I love bookmarks too, but when I start a book, I usually grab whatever is near to mark my place, usually it is a bit of paper I have torn off something. I guess it is a sign of slackness.

    ReplyDelete