Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Podcasts

What is a Podcast?


Rhode,J (2007), What is a Podcast? a brief introduction, viewed on September 3 2011, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQFKNcdCdLM

I found this YouTube video really helpful to explain what a Podcast is and how it works. It may go into a little more detail than you may need, but I found it great.

If you go to the Denver Public Library Podcasts site you have access to numerous different Podcasts. On the right hand side there are some links to their Podcasts based on category. They are; Nursery Rhymes, Interviews, Song, Beatrix Potter, Folk and Fairytales, Storytime Favourites, Folktales, News and lastly General.
It is a further example of how a library can come into your own home.
Universities also make use of Podcasts for tutorials.

4 comments:

  1. A very informative YouTube on podcasts, helen. I think the pace is good and the explanation excellent.

    I like the way you have combined the two topics - YouTubes and Podcasting, too. The only negative with the video is that it is a bit dry, don't you think? But a really good resource, nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Informative Youtube, great find Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true about uni's using podcasts, most of my history lectures were available as mp3's which saved my arms from copious notes, I typed them up of a night when listening to the lecture again combining what I had considered really important in the actual lecture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still not a convert to podcasts although I certainly see the need. Just a personal choice I think.
    PS LOOVE the new calender you have!

    ReplyDelete